Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Non-Judgmental January: Week 1 Update



Well, we’ve made it to Wednesday.  Wait for me, Friday.  I’m almost there!

Are you following along with me in non-judgmental January?  If so, you know that the baby step for this week is to identify our judgmental behaviors.  How are you doing so far?

I officially started paying attention Tuesday.  I’m proud to say I didn’t judge anybody at all… the first hour of my day.  Upon arriving at work (the parking lot, not even in the building yet!), that changed quickly.  And then, of course, I had to stumble upon this gem.  Yes, that is 43 People You Won’t Believe Actually Exist.  Why, why did I have to click on that?  Immediately, I’m thinking to myself, “What the hell has to happen to you in your life to make you think that is a good idea?”  Some of the photos are just downright scary.  See?  There I go again.  I can’t contain myself.

If you read about my resolutions, you already know that I started Insanity on Sunday.  Ouch.  They don’t call it Insanity for nothing.  I think Shaun T. should be put in an asylum, or something.  Not ironically, “Insanity Asylum” is the next workout from Beachbody.  I will not be taking part in that.  In fact, I’m pretty sure I’ll die before the next 56 days are over.  They’ll put it in my eulogy, and everyone will use me as an excuse to be overweight and unhealthy.  “Did you hear about Jessie?  I heard she died from working out too hard.   Better stay outta the gym.  And maybe eat an extra handful of potato chips, just to be safe.”

So I might be exaggerating, but really, it’s tough.  After the third time Shaun told me to “dig deeper” (His key phrase, I’m assuming.  Much like Tony Horton being so damn “happy” in P90X.), I gave him the finger and told him to shove it.  What the hell, Shaun?  I'm digging as deep as I freakin' can.  I’m a peach when I work out, obviously.  Today was "Cardio Recovery" day, and it was a welcome "break."  I still sweat like a (insert cliche of choice here), but it was nice to not feel like my heart was going to jump out of my chest.

How are your resolutions going?  Are you taking part in non-judgmental January?  



No comments:

Post a Comment